We are more limited today in the ways we can comfortably exercise. Many of us feel like we are less likely to go to the gym or join an in-person group exercise class.
Movement is one of the best stress busters, because regular exercise naturally boosts endorphins, improves our mental wellbeing, makes us feel accomplished, and helps us overcome the effects of fear, worry, and lack of control. When we exercise our sleep patterns improve, our mood gets better, and we are more likely to have positive relationships with others.
Different types of exercise yield different results. This is a list of exercise types and results you can expect to gain:
· Burn Fat: Cardio with Max Heart Rate = 220 – your age x .6 or .7 = Fat Burning Heart Rate.
· Build Lean Muscles: High reps with lighter weights.
· Build Large Muscles: Low reps with heavy weights.
· Increase Strength and Flexibility: Stretch with resistance training.
· Improve Balance: Core strength and standing, balancing postures.
Movement is overall quite good for us. The benefits of developing a regular exercise routine are many. These are our top reasons we think you should consider moving more.
5-Benefits of Regular Exercise:
1. Improves our Physical, Mental, and Emotional Health
2. Enhances our Mood, Mindset, and Energy Level
3. Makes us Feel Accomplished and Successful
4. Keeps Our Metabolism Working and Our Waistline Healthy
5. Helps us Relax and Sleep Better
It is important to find ways to regularly move our bodies, because of all the benefits we gain. Consider and plan for how you can move during the colder months. Schedule exercise into your week and enjoy the way movement makes you feel. You will be so much happier and healthier for it!
If you would like ideas, support, and an accountability partner in increasing your exercise plan, our coaches are here to help! Reach out to Tisha: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to talk to you soon!