Integrative wellness is a healing-oriented wellness journey that takes account of the whole person (body, mind, and spirit), including all aspects of lifestyle and bio-individuality. It emphasizes the therapeutic relationship between client and practitioner, making intelligent use of all appropriate evidence-based therapies, both conventional and complementary.
An Integrative Health Coach’s Role:
A Health Coach is a supportive mentor, wellness advisor, and advocate who works with clients to help them identify, adjust to, and plan for health and lifestyle goals so that they become their best through diet, exercise, and lifestyle changes.
A coach offers the collaborative development of an individualized wellness plan, using the SMART Goals template to meet their clients' needs and goals for healthier and better sustainable lifestyle practices.
Health Coaching is a new paradigm for assisting people to become masters of their own Health and Wellness. Our programs guide individuals and groups toward making higher-level wellness decisions so that they may become more aware of what is healthy and make decisions toward growth in the way that they define as successful.
Aspects of an Integrative Coach-Client Relationship:
• A partnership between client and coach in the health maintenance healing process, that puts the client first
• An approach that considers the appropriate use of conventional and complementary methods to facilitate the body’s innate healing response, with an understanding that the body has an intrinsic ability to be healthy and well
• Appreciates all factors that influence health, wellness, and disease, including mind, body, spirit, community, and environment
• A philosophy that neither rejects conventional medicine nor accepts alternative therapies uncritically
• Recognition that good medicine and wellness practices should be based in sound, evidence-based science, be guided by inquiry, and be open to new paradigms
• Supports the use of natural, effective, less-invasive interventions whenever possible, with the understanding that the basis of health is founded in good nutrition, regular movement, and individualized self-care practices
• Capitalizes on the power of prevention as the best cure for disease and illness
• Honors coaches and health care professionals as models of health and healing committed to the process of self-exploration, self-development, growth, and evolution
Our Wellness Coaching Programs use an integrative approach because we believe in and value individuals as a whole person. Our coaches offer a unique partnership with individuals working toward specific goals along with Integrative Wellness Educational Programs to offer good information on the topics of health and wellness.